I sometimes write about writing -- style, form, practice. I will make an effort to collect those thoughts on this page, so you can find them easily.
- On writing protagonists without antagonists (note: I'm not altogether pleased with the end of this as written -- I think I landed on a bit of an easy answer and satisfied myself with it -- and may in the future try to correct this.
- On receiving rejection and using constructive criticism
- Some of my favorite writing exercises
- On learning that celebrating achievement is the process and not the endgame
- On separating the artist from the art, and why I don't make a special effort to do it
- Some nitty gritty craft tricks that help me write well
- On my revision process
- On finding reasons to feel good about our art
- On getting reader investment by creating extra-textual tension